Skip to main content
Skip to and open main menu Home Modification Resources
Provided by the HMinfo Clearinghouse
Translating high quality research specific to better design and building practice
Translating high quality research specific to better design and building practice

Trigger device for showerhead

You must be logged in to post in this thread.

Post 1

Posted 19th June 2008 at 12:03 PM
Author Maggiemegs

Just wondering if  anyone has had previous experience with a trigger device at the shower head that allows individuals to control water at the shower head.

I have heard of it previously however, I am having great difficulty trying to access one and a supplier.

If any one could help that would be great!

Post 2

Posted 20th June 2008 at 4:38 PM
Author Guest

Hello,

Yes I am aware of that type of trigger device on a showerhead. I have just spoken to Luke, the manager of Reece plumbing/bathrooms which is a national company, and has a huge selection of bathroom/kitchen/laundry fixtures, and he has that type of trigger operated handheld shower. Although Reece has a lot of its products on its website it does not display the handheld shower hose with the trigger but he does have pictures of it (including product number) in a hard copy catalogue. Loops and you can contact him directly. It is details:

Manager Luke Saban

Reese Plumbing Centre Matraville

Address Unit 6 81 - 87 Beauchamp Rd

Matraville, Nsw, 2036

Phone (02) 9666 7288

Fax (02) 9666 4611

Trade Counter

Trading Hours

Monday - Friday: 6.30am - 5.00pm

Saturday: 8.00am - 12.00 pm

Showroom A medium sized showroom with a good range of products

Trading Hours

Monday - Friday: 8.30am - 5.00pm

Saturday: 8.00am - 12.00pm

Regards,

Greg Killeen | Information Officer | SCI Australia

Post 3

Posted 16th October 2008 at 12:32 PM
Author Guest

Hi Maggiemegs,

This is Karin from the Independent Living Centre NSW. We have information on the this product and it's supplier. CON-SERV deals with it and their phone  number is  133 467 322. Unfortunately we do not have any feedback about it's use thoug.

One of the recommendations is that once a person finishes the shower the taps need to be closed so that there is no water pressure going through when the shower is not in use, which would require that the client or carer remembers to do it!

Kind Regards

Karin

First 1 Last

Back to General