Skip to main content
Skip to and open main menu Home Modification Resources
Provided by the HMinfo Clearinghouse
Translating high quality research specific to better design and building practice
Translating high quality research specific to better design and building practice

Temporary/removable threshold water barriers

You must be logged in to post in this thread.

Post 1

Posted 5th June 2006 at 5:00 PM
Author Rachael White
Last Edited 13th October 2009 at 2:55 PM

Hi all,

I have a client who will be showered by care staff in the open, tiled section of their bathroom when they return home. They will be sitting on a attendant propelled shower commode. The area is waterproofed and has a drain.

The main issue with this area is to try and prevent water from leaving the bathroom area onto carpet in the adjoining room, as the grading is not steep enough to stop water flow altogether. This is mainly precautionary as the room is large.

I was looking for suggestions regarding any devices or solutions to help prevent water leaving the bathroom area (and where I would be able to follow these up from). I have heard there are options that could be put in place and then removed so allow ease of access with a wheeled commode.

Let me know if you need any clarification on my question, and looking forward to hearing from the group.

Thanks

Rachael Wright ()

Post 2

Posted 22nd January 2014 at 3:18 PM
Author Lorraine

Im sure this issue is long since dealt with but for anyone else interested Tyrex make shower water retention ramps out of rubber which can be quite effective,  they normally stay in place and the wheelchair mobilises over this but I imagine you could remove them if required.  They also make custom items out of rubber and could probably fabricate if this wouldn't do the job.

http://www.tyrex.com.au/Products/Tyrex-Ramps/Shower-water-retention-ramps.aspx

First 1 Last

Back to Access and Egress