Translating high quality research specific to better design and building practice


Our principles in relation to research

  • Data collection procedures will be reviewed by a suitably knowledgeable and representative external project Advisory committee
  • Data gathering undertaken by the Home Modification Information Clearinghouse (HMinfo) will be subject to Human Ethics clearance at UNSW.
  • Information collection will not identify individuals or services without prior permission and information about individual schemes will not be passed on to the funding body

What we cannot do

  • We have no powers to investigate complaints about home modification services in Australia. However, information about any such issues may be helpful for us in providing information about best practice.
  • We cannot make or enforce policy. It is the responsibility of the NSW Department of Family and Community Services - Ageing, Disability and Home Care, in conjunction with stakeholder bodies such as Home Modifications Australia (MOD.A), to develop and monitor policy implementation.
  • We are not a disability rights or advocacy organisation. Our role is to give the Home Modification Service Providers in Australia timely and credible advice which takes account of the broad views of all relevant stakeholders.