Skip to main content
Skip to and open main menu Home Modification Resources
Provided by the HMinfo Clearinghouse
Translating high quality research specific to better design and building practice
Translating high quality research specific to better design and building practice

Rail to assist with transfers into swimming pool

You must be logged in to post in this thread.

Post 1

Posted 16th September 2008 at 2:41 PM
Author camilla
Last Edited 16th September 2008 at 2:41 PM

I am trying to find out whether there is an Australian standard for installing a rail to assist with transfers into a swimming pool? Also I have heard that they must be earthed. Does anyone have any info on this? Central Coast, NSW.

Post 2

Posted 17th September 2008 at 11:23 AM
Author Guest

Hello Camilla,

A number of ASs deal with swimming pools covering construction, water quality, fences, safety etc. Search "pool" at the SAI Global website www.saiglobal.com

I'm not sure what you mean by a rail to assist with transfers. I imagine that it is not just the handrail on the steps. I recommend that you speak to the local council planning department to find out what AS, BCA and council requirements there are about fitting things that are't part of a general pool construction.

Have you thought of getting a pool hoist?

Another good starting point is Technical Aid fot the Disabled to ask what similar projects they might have undertaken that are similar to what you need. TAD NSW website is www.technicalaidnsw.org.au and it also has details of the other Australian TADs.

I hope this has helped. Contact me if you need any assistance following this up.

David Stern  |  Information Officer |  SCI Australia

1 Jennifer St, Little Bay | PO Box 397, Matraville | NSW 2036
p: (02) 9661 8855  |  f: (02) 9661 9598
www.scia.org.au d.stern@scia.org.au

First 1 Last

Back to Grabrails and Handrails