Skip to main content
Skip to and open main menu Home Modification Resources
Provided by the HMinfo Clearinghouse
Translating high quality research specific to better design and building practice
Translating high quality research specific to better design and building practice

Showerhead trigger device

You must be logged in to post in this thread.

Post 1

Posted 19th June 2008 at 12:09 PM
Author Maggiemegs

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with a trigger device at the shower head which allows the user to control the water flow at the shower head. I have heard of it being used  however, I am having great difficulty trying to access one and a supplier.

If any one could help that would be great!

Post 2

Posted 20th June 2008 at 9:09 AM
Author Guest

I have had 1 client who required a flow control mechanism for a hand held shower I was able to obtain one thru Eugene Petrie at Auscan Imports ph 02 9882 1555.

It was not a trigger device as such, more like a switch cock that fitted to the hand peice, that can be use to control the flow ( after the temperatures have been set using the normal shower taps) it can also be used as an on / off .

You have to remember to turn the main taps off later and let the pressure out of the hose.

Post 3

Posted 20th June 2008 at 3:49 PM
Author Guest

Hello,

Yes I am personally aware of that type of trigger device on a handheld shower hose. I have just spoken to Luke, the manager of Reece plumbing/bathrooms, and it has a huge selection of bathroom/kitchen/laundry fixtures (I recently purchased lever taps with ceramic disks for easy turning from Reece), and Luke can supply that type of trigger operated handheld shower. Although Reece has a lot of its products on its website it does not display the handheld shower hose with the trigger but he does have pictures of it (including product number) in a hard copy catalogue at his store but he said he can provide you with the product number. The contact details:

Manager Luke Saban

Reese Plumbing Centre Matraville

Address Unit 6 81 - 87 Beauchamp Rd

Matraville, Nsw, 2036

Phone (02) 9666 7288

Fax (02) 9666 4611

Trade Counter

Trading Hours

Monday - Friday: 6.30am - 5.00pm

Saturday: 8.00am - 12.00 pm

Showroom A medium sized showroom with a good range of products

Trading Hours